[Openid-specs-ab] Single Sign-On is dead on iOS 11

Chuck Mortimore cmortimore at salesforce.com
Wed Jun 14 19:01:50 UTC 2017

Hi Chris

In current state, we have an option to switch to mobile safari on a
per-customer basis.  When our apps boot, if configured with a tenant
specific URL, they load metadata from a .well-known endpoint which controls
this behavior.   PKCE is used to secure callbacks over custom scheme URIs.

We're currently working on adding the ability to specify a custom scheme to
act as the IDP, as well as specific software in our mobile SDKs to deal
with the handleOpenURL calls.   Essentially an SP app reads metadata,
switches to IDP app, which uses it's session to initiate the OAuth flow for
the SP app.  Once approved a custom scheme redirect_uri switches back to
the SP app which completes the OAuth flow (PKCE verified)