[Openid-specs-ab] Single Sign-On is dead on iOS 11

Iain McGinniss iainmcgin at google.com
Wed Jun 14 18:09:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Chuck Mortimore via Openid-specs-ab <

> We're proceeding with an implementation that allows us to target mobile
> safari or a registered mobile app as the IDP.  Perhaps a little closer to
> earlier drafts.  Happy to share our plans if anyone is interested.

Google Sign-in used to switch to Safari or an installed Google app to
perform authorization, and Apple stated that this was against their policy
and started rejecting apps from the app store that used this pattern.
SafariViewController is the only explicitly permitted mechanism for
federated identity on iOS.

Iain