[Openid-specs-ab] Question on Dynamic Registration

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Thu Jun 1 01:12:57 UTC 2017

The server needs to make sure that they’re consistent at the end of a successful registration. This could take the form of forcing the client to register a consistent set (response_type=code, grant_type=authorization_code) and returning an error otherwise. Alternatively, the server could try to fill in the missing blanks for the client. Whatever the server decides is the result, it echoes back to the client, effectively dictating to the client the results of the registration.

If the server doesn’t support the requested grant type or response type, it should probably fail the registration request. If it doesn’t, it will just fail the authorization request later on.

 — Justin