[Openid-specs-ab] AppAuth Fork

William Denniss wdenniss at google.com
Fri Jan 20 06:05:12 UTC 2017

Re: "Also, much of the stuff in OIDF AppAuth project is Google specific."

I really feel it's a disingenuous characterization to say AppAuth for
Android has anything Google IdP specific. To the contrary we were very
careful not to do this.

The included *demo* uses Google as an example. But in a pure OIDC (w/ OAuth
for Native Apps & PKCE) standardized approach, so you can easily replace
our issuer with your own. I've personally tried this with Ping and the
Django OpenId Connect provider and both worked with only config changes.

I'm definitely supportive of adding more demo providers to the included
sample. The demo however isn't really a "normative" part of the SDK which
is why I strongly dispute the above characterization.

That aside: by all means fork and improve AppAuth (and the demo)! I'd love
to see to see a pull request in the OpenID repo with your changes :-)

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 9:11 PM Mike Schwartz via Openid-specs-ab <

>> Google-specific URLs - not Google-specific APIs

It was the name of the variables that made the code a little
confusing... not the functionality or the URL's.

>> If Mike Schwartz made a pull request for the signature validation
>> across platforms, >> we would appreciate that

Ok, but it would be sometime in Feb. We're not done with the iOS AppAuth
fork yet anyway.

- Mike