[Openid-specs-ab] How to use OIDC claims as an identity oracle

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 19:32:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

As a relying party, I'd love to be able to ask the OpenID Provider
whether the user authenticating is over a particular age. This could be
used in may use cases. However, when I look at the spec, there is only a
provided claim name of 'birthdate'. I don't really want the user's birth
date, just an assertion that the user is over a particular age.

I don't see a way to do this via the OIDC claim mechanism. Any thoughts
on how a RP may make such a request?

Thanks,
George