[Openid-specs-ab] Identity Binding Service & Cross OpenID User Group Management Service prototypes

Kim, William G wkim at mitre.org
Thu Sep 29 20:05:01 UTC 2016

We are wrapping up a couple of identity research projects here at MITRE and have two software prototypes we have open sourced that we would like to share with this group.
https://github.com/idbind/cougr
https://github.com/idbind/identity-binder

The Identity Binding Service is a service that allows an OIDC user to log into it with multiple OIDC accounts simultaneously and bind their identities together. It has an OAuth-protected API that other applications can query for bound identity information. This project is intended to address the situation of users having multiple identities across different OIDC providers and wanting to consolidate those identities for Relying Party applications.

The Cross OpenID User Group Management Service is a service that lets OIDC users make group management actions at a centralized service such as creating groups, and joining/leaving groups. This service also has an OAuth-protected API for other applications to query for and update this group information, enabling syncing user groups across different OIDC/OAuth-using applications.

If you are interested in learning more about these projects, feel free to contact me directly off the list.

Thank you,
William Kim
Software Engineer
The MITRE Corporation