[Openid-specs-ab] SPA (Single Page App) - Best practices

Vladimir Dzhuvinov vladimir at connect2id.com
Wed Aug 17 07:48:39 UTC 2016

Hi Sascha,

OAuth / OIDC are not really concerned with the UI paradigm of the web
app and how it is implemented.

The thing that matters is whether the web app has a backend or not: A
web app with a backend should use the code flow, an HTML5+JS-only app
the implicit flow. If you have an app with a significant JS front-end
(potentially an SPA) it may benefit from the hybrid flow, which delivers
a copy of the ID token to the JS. I haven't encountered such apps though.

Vladimir