[Openid-specs-ab] Roland Hedberg's federation specification

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Wed Jul 13 14:55:17 UTC 2016

Roland,

Thanks for your feedback.

Of the 60+ people you spoke with, how many have time to participate not
only in this effort, but to also attend to OpenID Connect general
issues, which will normally arise?

I'm glad you are taking this now to a larger audience. I just think that
the topic is substantive enough to warrant a seperate group at OIDF so
we can have a more targeted discussion.

The OTTO partiicpant roster is here:
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/OTTO/Participant+roster?src=contextnavchildmode

None of these members (except maybe Rainer, because he's everywhere!)
currently would be likely to participate in the main OpenID Connect
group.

BTW, the currenting OTTO proposal is here:

https://github.com/KantaraInitiative/wg-otto/blob/master/docs/proposal/proposal.md

Per our discussion, the idea is that we're defining endpoints, entities
and an extension mechanism for the creation and management of
multi-party federations--including inter-federation support and advanced
querying.

We're looking forward to the completion of the work you've undertaken.
For example, a profile of the software statement would be a great use
case for OTTO.

- Mike