[Openid-specs-ab] Defining a Hardened (Mix-up and Cut-and-Paste Proof) OpenID Connect Profile

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Sat Apr 23 14:57:33 UTC 2016

I think there are two discussions.

One is what the OAuth WG should do and that should be on the OAuth list.

There is a separate discussion about what Connect should recommend untill
OAuth addresses the issue.

I think the latter was how this thread started.

We not be should not wait for OAuth to recommend something before we
explain the existing mitigations in Connect.

The touchier topic is should we add anything new before OAuth decides.

To Brian's point about the AS not identifying itself in the response,  that
was the recommended change from the Darmstadt meeting.   I am however
hesitant to take that up as a Connect only fix even though it would work
just fine for Connect.

John B.