[Openid-specs-ab] Announcing AppAuth for Android, a client SDK for OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect

William Denniss wdenniss at google.com
Sat Feb 27 07:41:53 UTC 2016

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, this is the initial code contribution by the
team. Hopefully it's just the starting point, I'm really excited to see
what we can build together as a community!

The library rolls up and implements a bunch of stuff we've been discussing
over the last 12 months, including PKCE, and the learnings of the NAPPS WG.
Huge thank you to everyone who was part of those discussions and helped
form these ideas. In particular John Bradley and Paul Madsen who have on a
least one occasion flown part-way around the world just so we could
whiteboard a bunch of ideas together, and Nat Sakimura who was always
dialed in to the call, regardless of the time of day.

Would be great to integrate the RP tests into this. I'm hoping we can
automate a lot of them.

There are definitely lots of areas for improvement if people are keen, for
example it would be good to add a complete client side ID Token validation
library. Now that initial code foundation is there, we can discuss where to
take it as a community.  Let's be sure to file issues to track each item,
to avoid any duplicated work.

Also, everyone: please feel free to file bugs in Github as you find them!