[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #89: claims_supported clarification requested (openid/certification)

Roshni Chandrashekhar issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 12 00:08:58 UTC 2015

New issue 89: claims_supported clarification requested
https://bitbucket.org/openid/certification/issue/89/claims_supported-clarification-requested

Roshni Chandrashekhar:

According to the discovery doc spec:
claims_supported
RECOMMENDED. JSON array containing a list of the Claim Names of the Claims that the OpenID Provider MAY be able to supply values for. Note that for privacy or other reasons, this might not be an exhaustive list.

Q1. Why does the OP-Discovery-Values test fail when claims_supported is not in the discovery doc?
Q2. Does claims_supported need to include the claims an OP may return in a token or in the UserInfo Response? For example, we provide "email" and "email_verified" in both the id_token and the UserInfo Response, but we provide "name" only in the user info.

Responsible: mbj