[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect Logout using HTTP GET

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 16 07:02:49 UTC 2015

I'm increasingly thinking that we should allow the OP to include the ID Token for the RP as a query parameter in the logout request.  I'm thinking this for two reasons:
1.  It would validate to the RP that the logout request is legitimate.
2.  It would tell the RP which session to log out, should multiple users be logged in at the RP from the OP.

I don't think we should make including the ID Token required, since deployment circumstances will differ.  In some cases, the extra validation is important.  In others, it isn't.

If we do this, in the Discovery and Recovery metadata, we should have the RP and the OP say whether the require and provide the ID Token value as part of the logout message to the RP.

				-- Mike