[Openid-specs-ab] Cookbooks project

Dominick Baier dominick.baier at thinktecture.com
Mon Nov 3 13:47:39 UTC 2014

We could volunteer for C# - we already have an extensive set of samples for the various flows here:

https://github.com/thinktecture/Thinktecture.IdentityServer.v3.Samples/tree/master/source/Clients

So I could also write some of that up.

From: Nat Sakimura <sakimura at gmail.com<mailto:sakimura at gmail.com>>
Date: Sonntag, 2. November 2014 07:51
To: "openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net>" <openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net>>
Subject: [Openid-specs-ab] Cookbooks project

Hi Connectors,

Having seen 'OpenID Connect is not so hard' session by Justin and Amazon sessions at IIW XIX, I started to feel that perhaps having language specific cookbooks would help developers a lot.

For example, we could write a cookbook for JavaScript public client with proper handling of state parameters, generation of cryptographic random, etc. with sample codes that can be copied to their projects. I am pretty sure that if we do not provide these, people are prone to write a client with Math.random or even worse -- a fixed string-- as nonce and state.

What do you think?

The first batch of language that I have in mind are:

- JavaScript
- PHP
- Python
- Ruby