[Openid-specs-ab] Cookbooks project

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:51:15 UTC 2014

Hi Connectors,

Having seen 'OpenID Connect is not so hard' session by Justin and Amazon
sessions at IIW XIX, I started to feel that perhaps having language
specific cookbooks would help developers a lot.

For example, we could write a cookbook for JavaScript public client with
proper handling of state parameters, generation of cryptographic random,
etc. with sample codes that can be copied to their projects. I am pretty
sure that if we do not provide these, people are prone to write a client
with Math.random or even worse -- a fixed string-- as nonce and state.

What do you think?

The first batch of language that I have in mind are:

- JavaScript
- PHP
- Python
- Ruby