[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 29-Sep-14

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 29 23:24:21 UTC 2014

Spec call notes 29-Sep-14

Mike Jones
John Bradley
Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay

Agenda
               Spec reviews
               Certification
               Open Issues
               October 27 OpenID Workshop
               Login for a specific user
               Logout without JavaScript
               Next call

Spec Reviews
               Torsten sent in a bunch of comments on Migration
                              Nat determined that these were non-normative
                              He can probably do a draft update in bitbucket tomorrow
                              After that, Mike will review them as secretary and then push them out to specs

Certification
               Don and Roland are working on a term sheet for certification deliverables
               Don is working on a workflow for the process
               These may both be ready for initial reviews by the EC call this week

Open Issues
               There are no new open issues

October 27 OpenID Workshop
               The registration URL is https://openid-wg-oct-2014.eventbrite.com
                              37 registrations have come in so far

Login for a specific user
               Mike suggested that those asking implement "restrict_to_hint=true"
                              It constrains the user interface to now allow selection of a different user identifier
               We can still change this if we think that this isn't the right syntax

Logout without JavaScript
               There's been more interest in logout without requiring JavaScript
               We still need to write up the additional alternatives, as agreed to at the last IIW
               DT is doing front channel logout using image tags
               Ping has a back channel logout mechanism

Next Call
               Our next call will be Thursday, October 2nd at the European-friendly time
               https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/181372694