[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 11-Aug-14

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 01:22:19 UTC 2014

Just a question. The tool works equally well with ipr="none" as ipr="
trust200902"?
Should we not use it instead?

Without respect to it, the proposed XML comment is:

<!--
NOTE on this XML File.

This XML file is a tool to produce the authoritative copy of OpenID
Foundation spec.
The authoritative copy is the HTML, and the corresponding XML source is not
authoritative.
The statement that ipr="none" is here only to satisfy the tool.
The IPR of this document is OpenID IPR Policy found at
http://openid.net/ipr/OpenID_IPR_Policy_(Final_Clean_20071221).pdf
and governed by OpenID Process found at
http://openid.net/wordpress-content/uploads/2010/01/OpenID_Process_Document_December_2009_Final_Approved.pdf
.
The directive private="..." is here only to satisfy the tool and desired
HTML output.
This is a public OIDF document and not an individual private memo as
private="..." indicates.
-->

As to the new xml2rfc is concerned, I noticed several
things, possibly bugs:

1. <?rfc private="draft"> does not give "draft" in the title header as in
the old tool.
2. artwork in the old.html is produced in fixed-width font while new one
does not so the diagrams gets broken. This is becasue pre was associated
with courier-new in the old version while the new version has not.
3. The header is wider, and centered. It used to be narrower and left
aligned.
4. The file name shows up below the title in the new version.
5. Title is centered instead of left aligned.
6. No links to get back to the TOC.
7. No <hr /> as the section separator.
8. hovering on the <xref> does not produce tool-tip showing the reference
anymore.
9. <xref> used to produced bold red text so that it stood out. New one
produces normal blue text only.
10. Section headers are now using bigger font.
courier-new while the new tool produces <samp></samp> without any
associated style. IMHO, there should be an associated style sheet entry to
samp with font:courier-new.

Best,

Nat