[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 11-Aug-14

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 12 00:15:40 UTC 2014

Spec call notes 11-Aug-14

John Bradley
Mike Jones
Brian Campbell
Zhanna Tsitkov
Edmund Jay
George Fletcher
Nat Sakimura
Pamela Dingle

Agenda
               Errata
               OpenID 2.0 Migration Spec
               Open Issues
               Session Management

Errata
               Mike released versions with all the discussed errata edits applied
               We don't want to start a vote until several people have read the errata diffs and said that they're OK
               Mike requested volunteers to read the diffs
                              John volunteered
                              Brian volunteered
                              George volunteered
               After that we can decide if we're ready to proceed
               Nat requested that we record a concise description of the errata
                              We should make that available at the time we start the 45 day review

OpenID 2.0 Migration Spec
               Nat published an updated version with the technical changes but not all the editorial changes
               He expects to finish the editorial changes later this week
               We plan to decide whether to start the 45 day reviews of the errata and Migration on the next call

Open Issues
               #914 - Session 5 - Missing client_id parameter
                              We will close this as won't fix, as per the previous minutes
               #915 - Computation of OP session_state in the IdP requires origin URI
                              Discussions with Todd Lainhart on wording are ongoing
               #929 - Migration - Change jwks to iss for the response from openid2 identifier
                              This was addressed and reviewed and will be closed as fixed
               #934 - Migration - openid.realm description now bogus
                              We will proceed as proposed in the bug
               #935 - Migration - Wrong version of xml2rfc being used to render HTML? (by mbj)
                              Superseded by #945
               #937 - Migration - ed - 6. Verification of the authoritativeness of the Connect OP (mbj)
                              Nat and Mike will discuss wording for this one further offline
               #939 - Migration - Use AuthZEP instead of AuthzEP in the diagram (by mbj)
                              We will use AuthZ EP, etc.
               #940 - Migration - Disposition of the mbj comments on the Migration draft 03
                              The text will say that OpenID Connect is a new version of OpenID Authentication
                              The rest will be resolved as recorded in the Disposition of Comments document
               #941 - Migration - "iss/sub" is undefined
                              We will define OpenID Connect Identifier
                              On first use, we will repeat the definition in parenthesis
               #942 - Migration - (te) 7. openid.claimed_id is not a defined word
                              We will define OpenID 2.0 Identifier
               #943 - Core - XML metadata and directives problems
                              We will leave this as-is
               #944 - Migration - (te) 7. What is pointed by 'it' is anmiguous
                              We will address this as proposed in the comment
               #945 - Migration spec currently requires a non-standard version of xml2rfc
                              We agreed to build this spec using the standard old.html version of the tool
                              Nat will write text in an HTML comment saying that the ipr="trust200902" is just there to satisfy the tool and not an accurate statement

Session Management
               The released version fixes all these previously open issues:
               #930 - Session 4.2 - Define "error" return from OP iframe for syntax errors
               #927 - Added "state" parameter to RP-initiated logout messages
               #917 - Session state must not contain the space character