[Openid-specs-ab] Experimental OpenID Connect / OAuth for PAM is available

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 03:54:26 UTC 2014

Hi.

NRI has released the experimental open source implementation of OIDC/OAuth
on PAM.
The idea is that you can use per software "access token" in lieu of user
password so that you can revoke the access per client software.

https://bitbucket.org/PEOFIAMP/pamoidc-python

Downside is that you have to manually copy and paste the token to the
password field of the programs such as Thunderbird. The beauty is that, it
works with almost anything. We have verified that it works for an SSH
client as well.

As usual, this is a PoC. So, I expect that there be problems that we are
yet to identify. Iif you find problems, please report to the issue tracker.

https://bitbucket.org/PEOFIAMP/pamoidc-python/issues?status=new&status=open

Best,