[Openid-specs-ab] Do self-issued OPs support sector_identifier_uri?

nov matake nov at matake.jp
Tue Jan 14 16:59:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I haven’t think about whether self-issued OPs support sector_identifeir_uri.

However, Core says

* If the Client uses more than one Redirection URI, the redirect_uris parameter would be used to register them.

in section 7.2.1 and

* Providers that use pairwise sub values and support Dynamic Client Registration [OpenID.Registration] SHOULD use the sector_identifier_uri parameter.
* If the Client has not provided a value for sector_identifier_uri in Dynamic Client Registration [OpenID.Registration], the Sector Identifier used for pairwise identifier calculation is the host component of the registered redirect_uri.

in section 8.1
and now one of my friends read it as "self-issued OP support sector_identifier_uri in registration param".

Is his understanding correct?
If so, what happens when client didn’t provide sector_identifier_uri nor host component in its custom scheme redirect_uri?

Cheers,

nov