[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 6-Jan-14

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 6 23:54:32 UTC 2014

Spec call notes 6-Jan-14

Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               E-mail discussion: 3.3.1. Hybrid Flow Steps
               Criteria for potentially changing the draft final specifications
               Finishing Session Management
               Interop Status
               Next Call

Open Issues:
               #879 - Host the site https://self-issued.me/
                              The site is up now
                                             John will add introductory text there
                              The discovery document is up there
               #880 - Host the endpoint https://self-issued.me/registration/1.0/
                              John will work with Edmund to get this working this week
                              Edmund already gave John the script pages

E-mail discussion: 3.3.1. Hybrid Flow Steps:
               This is currently misleading/incorrect
               It is non-normative text
               Better text is being developed on the list
               People should review the text and continue contributing to it

Criteria for potentially changing the draft final specifications:
               We should not change the meaning of any normative text
               We did apply editorial corrections to the second Implementer's Drafts during the review period
                              We kept _orig versions and edited the live versions
                              We can do that again
               We should supply diffs for people, so there are no surprises possible
               For references to be consistent, we'll have to update the dates on all the specs that reference Core
                              We'll be updating the dates when we change to Final specs anyway - so not a problem

Finishing Session Management:
               Google felt that there were problems with the current draft when there are multiple simultaneous logins
               Nat will send a note to Breno and Naveen, cc'ing Tim and Mike asking what changes they feel are necessary

Interop Status:
               Roland sent a note describing what sites are up and not
                              He got a few responses
               Mike has a request from ForgeRock and one from Ping for the RP Apache Module to join the interop
                              He will add them this week
               Nat has a Scala implementation he wants to add as well
                              Mike will send Nat and Edmund the info needed to add it as well
               Mike also has a list of corrections to apply to some of the test descriptions

Next Call:
               The next call is Thursday, 7am Pacific Time, Midnight JST
                              At bridge location https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/181372694