[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #898: New Core - 1.2 Terminology - Authentication Request, Authorization Request (openid/connect)

Nat Sakimura issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Nov 5 07:12:59 UTC 2013

New issue 898: New Core - 1.2 Terminology - Authentication Request, Authorization Request
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/898/new-core-12-terminology-authentication

Nat Sakimura:

Capturing Breno's request on Nov. 4 that says: "I think we should have an explicit entry to Authorization Request that says: "An OAuth2 Authorization Request as defined in RFC 6749"
And then "Authentication Request" --> With a language more similar to the one proposed by Nat in this thread."

**Currently**:

**Authentication Request**
An OAuth 2.0 Authorization Request that requests that the End-User be authenticated by the Authorization Server.

**Proposed**:

**Authentication Request**
Authorization Request used to obtain the Authentication Result through the use of OpenID Connect extension parameters and profiled scopes

**Authorization Request**
OAuth 2 authorization request as defined in RFC 6749