[Openid-specs-ab] Processing sector_identifier_uri values

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Thu Oct 31 15:46:49 UTC 2013

So here is another possible situation...

App 1 registers with sector_identifier_url
https://example.com/common_aps and that URL contains a single
redirect_uri for app 1 (app1://my_app). Then App 2 comes along and
registers the same sector_identifier_uri and because the company decided
to sunset App 1 removes it from the JSON array and adds in app2://my_app.

Should the OP no longer assign pair-wise psuedonymous identifers based
on the sector_identifier_uri for App 1 (probably still some people out
there using it)? Or is the guidance to determine if the registering
app's redirect_uris are present in the sector_identifier_uri file and if
so, permanently assign that sector_identifier_uri to the client_id and
it can't be changed. Though that might be difficult if via the
registration spec I can update parts of my registration config.

Maybe some guidance around the impacts of changing a
sector_identifier_uri on users would be worth whille?

Thanks,
George