[Openid-specs-ab] Authorization Request or Authentication Request?

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 31 03:01:25 UTC 2013

We define an Authentication Request as an OAuth 2.0 Authorization Request that requests that the End-User be authenticated by the Authorization Server.  And we use the term Authentication Request in a few places.  However, we use the term "Authorization Request" in the section headings, because it's the OAuth message used.

More than one reviewer has suggested that we change these section headings from "Authorization Request" to "Authentication Request".  I agree that that's a better semantic description.  We'd just have to be careful to continue to say "Authentication Request" when referring to the OAuth message.

What do people prefer?