[Openid-specs-ab] [Bitbucket] Issue #878: Messages 2.1.1.1 Define "negative response" for id_token_hint (openid/connect)

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 23 23:47:54 UTC 2013

o   changed status to open<https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=open>

In his review, Brian Campbell pointed out that errors other than login_required are likely appropriate in some failing prompt=none cases, for instance interaction_required, consent_required., and session_selection_required He proposed that we generalize the text accordingly. I think he's right.

We could either go back to just saying that an error is returned, or we could strike a middle ground by saying that an error is returned, and that it will typically be from among the set defined in http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0-14.html#AuthError, such as "login_required". I think I prefer the latter approach.