[Openid-specs-ab] 450 x 500 recommendation for popup

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 14:50:09 UTC 2013

Yes, this is a carry over from OpenID 2 and the popup window. I'm not sure a fixed size makes sense any more as each idp has its own dimensions. One of the original goals was to prevent window resizing but that is pretty much given in today's environment.

The main guidance I would give is that the popup window shouldn't cover more than X% of the screen. Hopefully some ui team will know what X is:)

For me, if the popup covers more than say 60% of the screen it's better to move the user to a full page redirect model. We've done this for most of our mobile and tablet flows because popups on mobile are a little weird UX wise.

Thanks,
George

--
George Fletcher