[Openid-specs-ab] 450 x 500 recommendation for popup

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Wed Oct 23 12:50:21 UTC 2013

I think it was from the UI extension for openID 2.   I remember that there was a reason Google and the other authors of that extension needed it a fixed size at the time.  Something about the RP popping the window and the IdP needing to know the size to display text properly.

Now that we assume browsers are JS capable (Not so true 5 years ago) the IdP can likely dynamically determine the size.  It might still be a good idea to recommend a hight x width ratio.

JainRain and others can probably say what the current best practice is.

John B.