[Openid-specs-ab] New Core Review

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 17:56:10 UTC 2013

Assuming no text has been added / crafted apart from the section 2 and
section 11, I think I am done with it.

Two versions: One is more radical than the other: the file name indicates
it.
The radical one merges implicit and hybrid into Multiple Response Types.
In fact, there is no pure "implicit" authentication. It is always Hybrid.
So, this probably is more logical. I also got rid of the word "Code Flow".
It is an undefined word now that OAuth got rid of the term.
I replaced it with Code Grant.

I also removed bunch of redundant text.

There are a few technical changes. Otherwise, though it may seem to be a
lot of change, they are all editorial. Technical changes are marked in the
comment with (te).

They are:

1. The fragment handling.

Section 2.2.2.7 says that fragment has to be sent to the Web Server. This
is not true. The javascript client may consume it by itself. This was a new
text added in the new Core. I propose to remove it entirely.

2. Relationship of Access Tokens

The proposed text says they should be the same. I contend that they
actually should be different. This, again, is a new text introduced in the
new core.

It is now almost 3:00am. I am going to the bed now.

Cheers,