[Openid-specs-ab] proposed POST response type for OAuth/Connect

n-sakimura n-sakimura at nri.co.jp
Fri Oct 18 17:49:03 UTC 2013

POST is a misleading name for the response mode / response encoding.

Even with fragment, one could potentially use POST. In fact, that would
be one of the easiest implementation choice for the fragment encoding
case: it is just a few lines of Javascript code, such as:

     RelayToken:  function  (url,callback)  {
         // calllback proto = function(data){ .... }
         token  =  $.FVAR("token");
         state  =  $.FVAR("state")
         if  (token)  {
             $.post(url,  {  token:  token,  state:  state  }).done(callback);
         }
     }

What you are describing as POST in fact is the representation of the
authorization grant in HTML Form. So, instead of POST, 'html_form' or
simply 'html' is a more approriate description.

(2013/10/19 1:22), Mike Jones wrote:

> These versions are updated to use Response Mode and to be more
> explicit about always using the specified response mode, including for
> errors:
>
> http://self-issued.info/docs/oauth-v2-multiple-response-types-1_0-18-Oct-13.html
>
> http://self-issued.info/docs/oauth-v2-multiple-response-types-1_0-18-Oct-13-diffs.docx
>
> Breno, you're right that you shouldn't try to use POST or other
> non-default response modes if you haven't first verified that the
> server supports it.
>
> -- Mike

Nat Sakimura (n-sakimura at nri.co.jp)
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
Tel:+81-3-6274-1412 Fax:+81-3-6274-1547

PLEASE READ:
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.