[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 17-Oct-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 17 16:34:09 UTC 2013

I actually think that getting the features right, such that developers will actually use what's in the spec, rather than do something non-conformant, is more important than a few days of schedule.

It's pretty telling that Google, Ping, and Microsoft all are using something other than fragment encoding in some cases for Implicit/Hybrid flows.  Far better to enable interop on these non-fragment return types than have everyone do something outside the spec.

As we said on the call, I'll write up a concrete proposal so people can review it in advance of Monday.

Yes, we're late in the process, but far better to make a late addition than to ship something that we know has defects that will cause people to do things not in the spec.

                                                            -- Mike