[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 17-Oct-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 17 14:57:37 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 17-Oct-13

Mike Jones
Brian Campbell
George Fletcher
John Bradley
Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               Multiple response type requests returning values in ways other than fragments
               Document Restructuring and Review

Open Issues:
               #873: session 4.1. Can we use opbs with http (not httponly)
                              We developed proposed text for this
               #879 & #880: Hosting self-issued.me
                              John will get the cheapest Amazon VM and give Edmund access to it

Multiple response type requests returning values in ways other than fragments
               Microsoft has asked for a POST binding, like WS-Federation and SAML have
               Ping has an extra response_type component x_post
                              This causes the responses to POST to be returned as form-encoded body content
               Google has a way of registering clients to use a postMessage binding
                              They do that by registering a JavaScript origin, rather than response_type
               AOL's OpenID 2.0 provider often uses the POST response because of large AX responses
               John had proposed a registration parameter for this:
                              redirect_type   fragment | POST | postMessage
               This would be discoverable as
                              redirect_types_supported
               Another reason for this is to not hit fragment size limits
               Mike will file a bug on this to make a concrete proposal
               We will discuss this at the Monday meeting

Document Restructuring and Review:
               Mike posted a Word version of the Core spec with tracked changes turned on
                              People are requested to mark it up with specific proposed changes this week