[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #881: Discovery 1 - Relationship to OAuth Dynamic Registration (openid/connect)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Sep 30 22:48:35 UTC 2013

New issue 881: Discovery 1 - Relationship to OAuth Dynamic Registration
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/881/discovery-1-relationship-to-oauth-dynamic

Michael Jones:

Discovery section 1 says: Note: This specification will likely be modified to use the OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client Registration Protocol [I‑D.ietf‑oauth‑dyn‑reg] specification once it is stable. While currently self-contained, this specification intentionally uses the same syntax and identifiers as the OAuth Registration draft. As of the time of this writing, the two specifications are consistent with one another.

I believe that we need to modify this note to say which version of OAuth Dynamic Registration we're compatible with, but that the OpenID Connect Registration specification is self-contained because at present, it's unclear whether the OAuth Dynamic Registration specification will have substantive changes applied to it or not before its standardization.