[Openid-specs-ab] Introspection Profile for OpenID Connect

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Fri Sep 13 16:57:34 UTC 2013

Many people use short lived JWT access tokens and long lived refresh tokens.

The design of OAuth 2 was intended to allow RS to not be required to introspect tokens though they can if they want to.

In some use cases the RS cannot introspect tokens due to security zone issues.

Token introspection is optional in OAuth.