[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call note 12-Sep-2013

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 12 19:58:38 UTC 2013

We'd previously agreed on the calls that once the working group had decided what form the refactored specs would take, I would do the refactoring in a systematic way, being extremely careful that no normative statements were lost in the process.  We will then compare the results of the output of that process with Nat's results as a cross-check that we have the specs that we want.  I believe that this independent refactoring effort is extremely important in order to ensure that we have the highest-quality result as possible - particularly since people will be asked to review the results quickly.

Therefore, despite what was said in the notes below about Nat checking his draft refactored specs into BitBucket, I'd like to request that NAT PLEASE NOT CHECK THESE IN.  They were intended as quickly produced demonstration of the possible refactoring - not the actual refactored specs.  If there's any disagreement with that, please let's discuss that on the list or schedule a short special call for that topic.

Nat, maybe you and I can talk on Skype soon about the details of the refactoring decisions, and I'll get started on doing it.

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                -- Mike