[Openid-specs-ab] Refactored version of the specs.

n-sakimura n-sakimura at nri.co.jp
Fri Sep 6 04:51:01 UTC 2013

FYI, the URL is here:

http://nat.sakimura.org/2013/08/27/refactoring-openid-connect-drafts/

(2013/09/06 13:28), Nat Sakimura wrote:
> Combined spec is up in the same blog page as partitioned ones now.
>
> Please review.
>
> Nat
>
> Sep 6, 2013 0:01?Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
> <mailto:Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>> ??????:
>
>> Spec call notes 5-Sep-13
>>
>> Nat Sakimura
>>
>> Mike Jones
>>
>> George Fletcher
>>
>> John Bradley
>>
>> Tony Nadalin
>>
>> Justin Richer
>>
>> Edmund Jay
>>
>> Agenda:
>>
>>                Pre-IIW Meeting
>>
>>                Possible Pre-IETF 88 Meeting
>>
>>                Document Structuring
>>
>>                Open Issues
>>
>> Pre-IIW Meeting:
>>
>>                We will have several topics
>>
>> Possible Pre-IETF 88 Meeting:
>>
>>                We will ask on the list
>>
>> Document Structuring:
>>
>>                We reviewed Nat's first stab at
>> http://nat.sakimura.org/2013/08/27/refactoring-openid-connect-drafts/
>>
>>                Justin suggested combining Authentication Core and
>> Authentication Implicit
>>
>>                Security and Privacy Considerations are still missing
>> from this
>>
>>                Nat didn't yet have time to do the exercise of
>> combining Messages and Standard
>>
>>                George suggested that we could keep the organization
>> that Nat has done but produce a single concatenated version
>>
>>                George suggested that we could write a guide
>>
>>                Justin suggested that we could write the guide as a
>> set of wiki pages that refer to spec sections
>>
>>                Nat said that we could name documents as Chapter 1,
>> Chapter 2, etc.
>>
>>                John suggested having a single document with modular
>> chapters that could be considered standalone documents
>>
>>                Mike said that the criticism he's heard most is that
>> there are too many documents
>>
>>                Mike said that he'd like to see the combined document
>>
>>                Tony said that there is no place to start
>>
>>                Nat also proposes to delete the Basic and Implicit specs
>>
>>                Mike suggested that we have a "Getting Started" doc -
>> Tony said that it could be called "Read Me First"
>>
>>                Mike asked if Nat could produce a stab at the combined
>> document
>>
>>                               He agreed that he would
>>
>>                               Then we could ask people on the list
>> what they think of the different choices
>>
>>                Tony said that SAML reorganized to combine about 20
>> documents into about 4
>>
>>                Tony said that there isn't a simple way to understand
>> conformance
>>
>>                               Nat said that he hasn't included the
>> Implementation Considerations section yet
>>
>> Implementation Considerations could be renamed Conformance
>>
>>                We will devote the next call after Nat produces the
>> combined spec to continuing the discussion
>>
>>                Tony said that SAML has a separate conformance doc
>>
>>                               It describes different implementations,
>> such as SSO profile
>>
>>                               John said that that's where the
>> conformance profiles are defined
>>
>>                               Nat said that he'd prefer that we have
> [...]

Nat Sakimura (n-sakimura at nri.co.jp)
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
Tel:+81-3-6274-1412 Fax:+81-3-6274-1547

PLEASE READ:
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.