[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 29-Aug-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 29 15:32:57 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 29-Aug-13

Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Nat Sakimura
Brian Campbell
George Fletcher
John Bradley
Nat Sakimura

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               IANA Registrations
               Dynamic Registration
               Document Restructuring
               Next Call
               JOSE

Open Issues:
               There was one new issue
               #869 - OAuth Error Registry - Missing error code registrations
                              We need to register two error codes that we missed

IANA Registrations
               Our IANA registrations have gone through.  See:
                              http://www.iana.org/assignments/well-known-uris
                              http://www.iana.org/assignments/oauth-parameters

Dynamic Registration
               We discussed what was said on the OAuth Registration call yesterday
                              Phil and Tony committed to producing alternative drafts within a month
               John tried to reach Breno to discuss stateless registration but didn't get through
                              He will try again tomorrow
               Mike stated that we may want to make returning the Registration Access Token optional in Connect
                              Since update isn't possible in the stateless registration use case

Document Restructuring
               Nat's first stab is at http://nat.sakimura.org/2013/08/27/refactoring-openid-connect-drafts/
               Nat decomposed Messages and Standard into:
                              Authentication Core
                              Authentication Implicit
                              Claims Framework
                              JSON-Based Request
                              Self-Issued Provider
                              Security and Privacy Considerations
               We should make the restructuring discussion a focus of the call in one week

Next Call:
               Our next call will be one week from today (due to US Labor Day)

JOSE:
               There will be a JOSE call on Wednesday

Issue #853 - Registration: Missing request object JWE "alg" and "enc" parameters
               Justin said that he was asked about this again
               The registration spec as it is now doesn't allow the client to register a preferred JWE "alg" and "enc" value
               We previously didn't believe that this added sufficient value to add the functionality
               If someone wants to write up a concrete proposal, we can consider it