[Openid-specs-ab] Transient Client Secret Extension for OAuth

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Mon Jul 29 07:13:09 UTC 2013

If it is just a hash then it can be precomputed.   Adding a random salt that is hashed with the value sent to the token endpoint prevents pre-computation of the hash.

The issues are the same as with PB-KDF given that we are sending the hash in the clear.

Yes but if I am a bed person and there is no per password salt I use a precomputed rainbow table and even if I don't cover the entire space eventually I will find a collision if I intercept enough messages.