[Openid-specs-ab] Gluu CrowdTilt

Michael Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Thu Jul 25 15:26:24 UTC 2013

OpenID Connect spec drafters, implementers and lurkers,

I hope many who are implementing the specs have found the OX software
useful. We have lots of good ideas for enhancements to OX, and we can't
afford to fund them all. For this reason, we have decided to see if we can
get crowdfunding to work.

Our first experiment with this is to find a way to fund an Apache HTTPD
server plugin for OpenID Connect and UMA:
   http://www.gluu.co/.grrn

Having an Apache plugin would "hide" the protocol from many developers who
want to use the technology. While Apache is only one web server, its a
good place to start, especially to drive adoption in the developer
community.

As you know, OX already has java client code. We are using this to launch
the "oxd" local service which implements the protocol. It was an approach
inspired by the "shibd" local service.

The part we are hoping to fund is the Apache plugin itself.

Any personal contributions are greatly appreciated, and speak volumes
about the commitment of the community. So if you already supported the
project, or plan to in the future, thank you very much!!!

The reason for my email to the list is to see if any corporate
contributors might be willing to support the project. We are looking for
ten companies to commit $1,500. It might seem like a crazy idea, but
sometimes more gas stations on the corner drives more business for
everyone.

Apologies in advance if this is not appropriate content for the OpenID
list! I just got chastized on the Shid list, so feel free to call me out
directly to my email (instead of the list) if your mad at me!

Thx,

- Mike

PS: Comments also welcome on our proposed design for the OpenID Connect
Apache plugin: http://ox.gluu.org/doku.php?id=oxd:mod_oic

Michael Schwartz
Gluu
Founder / CEO