[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #856 fix for WG review

n-sakimura n-sakimura at nri.co.jp
Wed Jul 3 08:34:49 UTC 2013

The attached diff file is not recoding the diff properly.
When we went to the public review period, the normalization rule was
normalizing to https:// URI.

I am attaching the real diff.

It is a bigger change than it was represented in Mike's mail.

I am not sure why some of them have already propagated to openid.net
repository. Process-wise, it should have not.

Nat

(2013/07/03 10:16), Mike Jones wrote:
> The version of Discovery on bitbucket at
> http://openid.bitbucket.org/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html has a
> proposed fix to #856
> https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/856/discovery-uri-grammar-definition-doesnt
> for working group review. In particular, it updated the normative text
> to clarify that no input normalization is performed when the input
> contains an explicit scheme such as "acct" that matches the RFC 3986
> scheme ":" path-rootless syntax. I did not push this out to
> http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html yet because I
> believe that the working group should review the fix before we apply it
> as an errata change.
>
> You can view the diffs at
> https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/commits/ed8be80869c7. In
> particular, I’d like working group input on whether using the RFC 3986
> scheme ":" path-rootless syntax is the right fix.
>
> You can also view the diffs as tracked changes in the attached Word doc.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> -- Mike

Nat Sakimura (n-sakimura at nri.co.jp)
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
Tel:+81-3-6274-1412 Fax:+81-3-6274-1547

本メールに含まれる情報は機密情報であり、宛先に記載されている方のみに送信
することを意図しております。意図された受取人以外の方によるこれらの情報の
開示、複製、再配布や転送など一切の利用が禁止されています。誤って本メール
を受信された場合は、申し訳ございませんが、送信者までお知らせいただき、受
信されたメールを削除していただきますようお願い致します。
PLEASE READ:
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete your copy from
your system.