[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #856 fix for WG review

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 3 01:16:48 UTC 2013

The version of Discovery on bitbucket at http://openid.bitbucket.org/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html has a proposed fix to #856 https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/856/discovery-uri-grammar-definition-doesnt for working group review.  In particular, it updated the normative text to clarify that no input normalization is performed when the input contains an explicit scheme such as "acct" that matches the RFC 3986 scheme ":" path-rootless syntax.  I did not push this out to http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html yet because I believe that the working group should review the fix before we apply it as an errata change.

You can view the diffs at https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/commits/ed8be80869c7.  In particular, I'd like working group input on whether using the RFC 3986 scheme ":" path-rootless syntax is the right fix.

You can also view the diffs as tracked changes in the attached Word doc.

                                                                Best wishes,