[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 1-Jul-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 2 00:02:19 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 1-Jul-13

Mike Jones
John Bradley
Edmund Jay
Nat Sakimura

Agenda:
                Open Issues
                "iss" definition text in Messages
                Interop
                JOSE Update

Open Issues:
                Issue #856 Discovery - URI grammar definition doesn't allow acct: scheme
                                We agreed on errata text for this, which is recorded in the bug
                We should file a bug about normalizing + prefixed numbers to the tel: scheme (for Final)

"iss" definition text in Messages:
                "iss" definition in Messages could appear to be more lax than in Discovery, even though it's actually not
                In interop, John discovered that Google is currently using accounts.google.com as the issuer
                Mike sent a note to Breno and Naveen about this
                The Issuer Identifier definition in Messages 1.2 is already clear that it is an https URI
                Discovery already requires that it be an https URI
                Messages 9.14 says that the Discovery Issuer Identifier must match the "iss" value
                John will file a bug about this

Interop:
                The Google "iss" issue was noticed due to the Interop
                John ran into issues with registration at eBay, which he will write about to the interop list

JOSE Update:
                We had a JOSE call today
                JOSE Issue #13 came out favoring Mike's draft
                We spent a lot of time talking about issue #6 without it being closed
                We spent a lot of time talking about KDFs, which wasn't actually on the agenda
                Mike was asked to revise his draft to use header parameters for the IV and tag
                We agreed to replace application/jws and application/jwe with application/jose, etc.
                We didn't get to issues #25 and #26
                We have another call in 2 weeks
                Nat will propose that we have an every other week call with an Asia friendly time