[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 28-May-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed May 29 00:39:10 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 28-May-13

Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
John Bradley
Christian Weiss (observing)

Agenda:
               JOSE Status
               Status of Specs We're Dependent Upon
               Open Issues
               Implementer's Drafts

JOSE Status:
               Mike published the -11 drafts today
                              We will base the Implementer's Drafts on these
               Use Cases will be first to go to WGLC
                              Sean wants to use this to clear the way in the IESG for the main specs
               The rechartering was finally completed
               Sean Turner published revised JOSE milestones
                              See "[jose] Milestones changed for jose WG" on May 22nd
                              It calls for WGLC on the main docs in October 2013
                              We should definitely try to get this to happen sooner than that
               We need to clearly communicate the need for these specs be standards soon

Status of Specs We're Dependent Upon:
               WebFinger:
                              Making progress, new draft published
                              People should review the new draft

               Acct URI:
                              Making progress, new draft published

               OAuth Dependencies:
                              JWT, JWT Assertions, Assertions, Dynamic Registration
                                             People should continue actively participating in all these

                              Justin published an updated Dynamic Registration spec
                                             Connect Registration is already synced with it

                              JWT and JWT Assertions are probably on the JOSE schedule
                              Assertions (and SAML Assertions) may go to the IESG again soon

               There's currently a WebFinger/Acct discussion people should participate in
                              For using accounts like mbj at microsoft.com@google.com

Open Issues:
               Resolutions were determined for two new open issues, #836 & #837
               We will call out the acct:mbj%20microsoft.com at google.com case in Discovery
                              This will be a heads-up to developers - not a normative change
               We need to determine a resolution for the "[Openid-specs-ab] jku and x5u" thread
                              John will make a proposal to the list

Implementer's Drafts:
               Mike should be able to incorporate text for all the open issues tomorrow
               At that point, he will send an "are we ready?" message
               Based on responses, we will make a go/no-go decision on Thursday's call