[Openid-specs-ab] Next steps: Extension ideas

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Sun May 12 19:45:26 UTC 2013

I think Mike's argument from marketing reasons is pretty strong. I am not
seeing a wave of adoption at anything like the scale the Internet needs.

There's also an argument from humility. It is obvious to me that we need an
interoperable basic authentication protocol. Once we start getting
deployment on that, we'll be in a position to learn from observation what
the next most important unmet need is; my confidence that we actually know
know, right now, what's most important, is not high.

-T