[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 25-Apr-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 25 14:44:15 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 25-Apr-13

Roland Hedberg
Mike Jones
Justin Richer
Edmund Jay
George Fletcher

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               JOSE
               OpenID Connect Meeting before IIW
               OAuth Registration
               OpenID Connect Interop

Open Issues:
               There are no new open issues
               Mike will now apply the edits for the existing issues, since he's finished the JOSE edits
               After that, we should finally be ready to declare Implementer's Drafts

JOSE:
               Mike published the updated JOSE drafts on Tuesday
               Every encryption computation changed
                              CBC now uses the McGrew algorithm
                              The IV value is no longer included in the AAD input
                              Changing existing implementations should take less than an hour
                              People should post to the openid-connect-interop list once their implementations have been changed

OpenID Connect Meeting before IIW:
               People should register at http://openid-connect-May2013.eventbrite.com

OAuth Registration:
               A small number of issues have been raised on the list
                              Asking for more token_endpoint_auth_method method definitions
               Also, Phil Hunt made a request to make the token_endpoint_auth_method plural
                              We'd previously discussed this and decided that having it be singular is simpler for all
               There are no breaking changes planned

OpenID Connect Interop:
               We will start the 5th interop round (OC5) after we declare the Implementer's Drafts