[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 4-Apr-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 4 15:34:16 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 4-Apr-13

John Bradley
Mike Jones
Tim Bray
Edmund Jay
George Fletcher

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               JOSE Specs

Open Issues:
               There was only one new open issue - #830: what is azp really?
                              We spent half the call talking about this
                              We identified that part of the confusion stems from mixing non-OpenID uses with the OpenID definitions
                              Mike asked John and George to propose specific language if changes are to be made
                              New language should keep the Connect requirements but possibly be more general in its descriptions
               We also filed #831: Messages - Don't use x5u or jku header fields in ID Tokens
                              Capturing a decision already discussed on the list

JOSE Specs:
               Mike reported that he is in the middle of the agreed-upon JOSE spec updates
                              He has done the "must understand" edits and added private and symmetric keys to JWA & JWK
                              He is still waiting on David McGrew to produce his updated draft
               We discussed particulars of the JWE Integrity Value calculation
                              Not including the Initialization Vector in the AAD value allows it to be an output of libraries