[Openid-specs-ab] jku and x5u

Axel.Nennker at telekom.de Axel.Nennker at telekom.de
Wed Apr 3 08:54:31 UTC 2013

Here are two use cases that would not work under the "${issuer}/.well-known/openid-configuration" assumption.

1)      The issuer has no control over the top level domain's files
e.g. you rented some hosting space at https://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/KafkaTamura and this is the iss. Kafka can not change the top level openid-configuration only https://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/KafkaTamura/.well-known/openid-configuration

2)      A self-issued OP on a phone
The issuer could dynamically register its keys or provide the public key with the first token. The consumer would then ensure that the key is the same in subsequent tokens.