[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 1-Apr-13

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:52:38 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 21-Mar-13
===========================

Date: 2013-04-01 23:00-24:00 UTC
Place: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/695548174

Attendee
----------------
John Bradley
Edmund Jay
Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura

Agenda:
----------------
- "azp" issues
- JOSE progress

"azp" issues:
---------------------
In the call, we have identified that "azp" may actually has two
semantics in one. 1) To whom it was issued, 2) Who is authorized to
use it. In a bearer access token case, 1) is the best it can be hoped
for. For refresh token and MAC or holder-of-key token, and JWT
assertion case, 2) makes sense. Google's case seem to be the case
where 1) and 2) happens to be the same. From the claim expression
point of view, it probably is not ideal to conflate them, but express
them separately.

The people called in had consensus on dropping the sentence about
"used as access token" however.

For other points, the discussion was tabled for this call waiting for
concrete text proposal.

JOSE progress:
At the end of the call, we have discussed the current state of JOSE
and how the progress is being made towards the interim F2F.

Mike is editing the specs to put the decision from the list into the
specs. John is going to write some text wrt security.