[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] format of updated_time claim? (issue #825)

Brian Campbell issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 28 12:34:03 UTC 2013

New issue 825: format of updated_time claim?
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/825/format-of-updated_time-claim

Brian Campbell:

http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-messages-1_0-16.html#StandardClaims

"updated_time      string      Time the End-User's information was last updated, represented as a RFC 3339 [RFC3339] datetime. For example, 2011-01-03T23:58:42+0000."

I've often wondered why updated_time uses a different format than other date claims. Is there a reason it can't be a JWT IntDate?  If so, that be nice. If not, a brief explanation would be helpful. I can't be the only one that's had (or will have) this question.

following the issue.