[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] All - Relax "must understand" language in manner parallel to JOSE changes (issue #816)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Mar 20 23:17:30 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 816: All - Relax "must understand" language in manner parallel to JOSE changes
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/816/all-relax-must-understand-language-in

Michael Jones:

There are lots of places where we say things like "Other members MAY be present if they are understood by both parties."

I propose that relax this to just say "Other members MAY be present", bringing our "must understand" treatment in line with that going into the JOSE specs.

Alternatively, we could be more specific and say "Other members MAY be present and SHOULD be ignored, if not understood".

following the issue.