[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Registration - Add registration_locale metadata parameter (issue #815)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Mar 19 23:02:05 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 815: Registration - Add registration_locale metadata parameter
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/815/registration-add-registration_locale

Michael Jones:

Having metadata values without language tags likely simplifies things in many cases, but if we do this, we should let the Client say what language/script it’s using when providing human-readable strings or references to them as registration parameters.  For this purpose, I’d propose that we have a parameter something like this one:

registration_locale
OPTIONAL or REQURED. Language tag used for human-readable values or references to human-readable values that are supplied without language/script tags, represented as a BCP47[RFC5646] language tag value.  This parameter is REQUIRED if any human-readable values or references to human-readable text are provided without language/script tags.

This was also discussed for OAuth Registration.

following the issue.