[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] All - Character case usage in language tag values (issue #811)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Mar 15 15:57:51 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 811: All - Character case usage in language tag values
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/811/all-character-case-usage-in-language-tag

Michael Jones:

Our drafts currently spell language tags with mixed lowercase and uppercase characters such as ja-Kana-JP and fr-CA.  Given that "name#fr-CA" and "name#fr-ca" are different claims, we probably need to make explicit recommendations about what case langauge tag values should use.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5646#section-2.1.1 makes specific recommendations.  We should probably call them out - in particular, that tag elements SHOULD be spelled as in the IANA registry at http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry.

following the issue.